14: Video Games for Days
E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) is like Christmas for the world of video games. That is, if Christmas was a time for watching videos about presents that you might get someday, possibly months or years into the future. And if you like to spend Christmas talking about your hopes and fears for what those presents will be like, complaining that other people might get better gifts, and considering how prior years’ presents have fallen short.
Pre-show / Follow up
- Monument Valley 2
- Spheres vs. Cubes vs. Pyramids AKA Borg, Death Star, Ra. Send us your hand signal suggestions.
- Imperial Radch followup
- Correct order: Ancillary Justice, Ancillary Sword, Ancillary Mercy
- Pronunciation of ancillary (US vs. UK)
- Why Cortana is an ancilla, but the Radch uses ancillaries.
- Fun Finland Fact: Santa Claus is a goat.
Main Topic: E3
- What is E3?
- Why did Bungie have their own event shortly before E3?
- BioWare’s new open world shooter
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Assassin’s Creed Origins
- Xbonx (AKA the Xbox One X AKA Xbox High Sierra)
- Xbonx back compatibility with original Xbox
- Two Metroid games
- New Mario game
- DLC for Zelda
- Core Pokemon game on Nintendo Switch
- Buying tips for the Switch
- Bethesda: No Skyrim sequel or Spacerim announcement.
- Console exclusivity gripes
- New Spider-Man game
- Shared superhero identities
- The glory of our first sponsor read
- The horror of our first skit
- More audiobook suggestions than you can shake a paper book at
- The wisdom of bullseyeing womp rats
This episode is brought to you by Audible. Visit audibletrial.com/betterworlds to choose one free audiobook out of an available fifteen thousand dozen.