We watched the sixth movie of Spider-Man
He slings some webs
In the ’burbs
We all thought it was pretty gurb
This episode is brought to you by Audible. Visit audibletrial.com/betterworlds to choose one free audiobook out of an available fifteen thousand dozen.
- Trevor Slattery
- The Last Jedi is using red titles in marketing. Has Star Wars used red titles in the past?
- Jodie Whittaker is the next Doctor Who.
- Sinister notebooks
Main Topic: Spider-Man: Homecoming
Spoiler free (26:20)
General impressions, how Homecoming fits in with and/or stacks up against the rest of the MCU, and how it compares to previous Spider-Man movies.
- Humor in the trailers vs. the movie.
- Homecoming’s sense of place.
- Thoughts on the Vulture.
- Nods to other potential spider-people.
- Is the ring a long-game payoff for a joke that was never actually set up?
- The movie’s tribute to Amazing Spider-Man #33
- Trevor IMAXed a movie and didn’t like it.
- When people get upset that a character is a POC.
- When actors and/or directors lie about what’s in a movie to misdirect the audience.
- Asked if she’s playing MJ, Zendaya claims that Michelle is “definitely a different character.”
- Tom Holland Confirms That Peter Parker Appeared in Iron Man 2 and Then Completely Backtracks By Revealing It Isn’t True
- Star Trek IV cameo in Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Whiplash’s bird
- Sulphur-crested cockatoo
- Karen Plankton
- The timeline of the MCU
Superheroes’ Kitchen Guide PSA
Where to find Better Worlds online:
Some links contain affiliate codes that will provide a small kickback to the show if you make a purchase. Thanks for listening, and thanks for your support.